What is a Privacy Breach?
A privacy breach is the term given when personally identifiable information has been compromised. This can be through an IT security breach, inadvertent release or purposeful release.
What is Breach Notification
Breach Notification is the process and steps that are followed once a breach has been confirmed, in order to notify a person that their information may have been compromised.
Is Breach Notification mandatory?
In different regions the legal requirements change. In some states and countries all data breaches must be reported to a central authority.
- Privacy policies for Children
- Safe Harbor Certification
- The Importance of Safe Harbor Certification
- Privacy Breach
- NHS care.data delayed - updated
- CASL - Canadian Anti Spam Legislation
- Changes to Safe Harbor certification
- Facebook Instant Personalization
- Safe Harbor vs Binding Corporate Rules
- Safe Harbor 2.0
- GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
- Difference between GDPR and ePrivacy regulation